It can be difficult to know exactly what we should do in the eyes of Google to have a successful website. Google is a complex search engine with a constantly changing algorithm to rank websites. Google wants to know exactly who you are and what you claim to be. By understanding what they look for and educating yourself on items such as SEO, you can eventually drive your website to the first page and possibly the first listing. Here are five things that can be done.
- Meta Data: make sure all pages have proper tags, descriptions, keywords and other meta information that follows current search engine guidelines.
- Networking: make sure you are linking out to quality, reputable sites.
- Content: all information used in your website should be unique, current, well written and without errors.
- Diversify Your Marketing: expanding to social media helps Google trust you and your site, and may consumers may find visiting your social media platforms favorable.
- Paid Techniques: don’t overlook using tools such as Google AdWords to give you a chance at moving ahead of your competition, especially in a competitive industry.
While relatively simple, these tasks can take time and energy. A question to ask is “do I have the time for this?” It may be in your best interest to hire a provider to research and implement these tasks as well as monitor your website as it grows in Google. From building a website to social media management services, your professional provider will advise you on best practices and how they can help you create a great trustworthy site.